JOHN HORTON'S PRIORITIES:
- Work together to make the Hilltops region a home we can all be proud of.
- Total support for doctors, hospitals and medical services
- Fight for increased road funding for better roads
- Tourism - increase promotion for Hilltops
- The Arts - total support
- Natural Gas supply for Harden
- Prevent flooding in Young's streets
- Safe, reliable and affordable water supply for Boorowa
- Support local communities and sporting groups with their initiatives and community projects, including all our villages.
INTRODUCING JOHN HORTON: John was educated at St Pat's College and Inveralochy Agricultural College, Goulburn for seven years. John was the College Captain and Captain of the First XV Rugby Team.
After college John attended night school completing a sheep husbandry and wool science course (wool classer) and studied accountancy. His first job was with the CSIRO in both soil physics and plant industry.
Wool classing - Southern NSW and Hilltops regions.
State Manager (NSW) Beecham Research - a pharmaceutical company which involved visiting doctors.
State Manager (WA, NSW, ACT) - American Express International Incorporated.
Self Employed - Sales, marketing and management training.
Councillor for eight years, including two years as Mayor.
Currently a Hilltops Councillor.
Family first - naturally. Four sons and eight grandchildren
Gym - several visits per week
Completed four 'City to Surf' Fun Runs
Football, cricket, swimming and tennis
John plays the piano and the piano accordion
JOHN'S HILLTOPS COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
Hilltops Asset Management Working Group Committee
Hilltops Cultural, Community and Education Precinct Committee
Hilltops Council Grants Committee
Jugiong Advancement Group Committee
Galong Progress Association Committee
Hilltops Justice of the Peace (JP)
Lachlan Regional Transport Committee Inc.
Kite Festival Committee
Local Rotarian of the Year 2015/16, 2019/20.