Hilltops council has announced further health safety measures on Wednesday afternoon in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
From close of business on Wednesday, March 25 a number of public amenities will be closed to across the Hilltops region.
"These closures will help protect our community by restricting the spread of COVID-19 and allow Council staff to twice daily clean and sanitise the public amenities that remain open," the statement said.
Council will be closing amenities to the public at the following locations:
- Boorowa: Boorowa Showground
- Harden: McLean Oval, Court House and Roberts Park
- Young: Sawpit Gully, Gus Smith Oval, Alfred Oval, Keith Cullen Oval, Cranfield Oval, Hall Brothers Oval and Miller-Henry Oval
The following public amenities willremain open:
- Boorowa: Boorowa Recreation Park, Boorowa Playground, Dr Kelf Park and the Old Court House
- Harden: Newson Park, Coddington Park and the Harden Murrumburrah Visitor Information Centre toilets
- Young: Carrington Park, The Hilltops Council Library Young toilets, The Young Visitors Information Centre/Anderson Park, Woolworths, Chinamans Dam
- Jugiong: Jugiong Recreation Ground
- Wombat: Wombat Recreation Ground
- Galong: Apex Park
- Reids Flat public toilet
- Rye Park public toilet
- Rugby public toilet
For your own protection and the safety of the community please ensure that handwashing and proper hygiene practices are carried at all times, council said.