Harden Hornets had their presentation night at the Harden Country Club on Friday night, just beating the coronavirus shut down of clubs.
The event was well attended with only a small number of absentees due to self-imposed isolation.
Club president Jeff Brown gave a moving speech requested all to stick together and support local businesses and clubs in these upcoming times. He also made special mention of the Hornets main sponsor the Harden Country Club.
In appreciation a cricket shirt was presented to club manager Christopher Longbottom.
Brown also thanked captain Kai Steele for again leading the team for a well performed year.
The club also honoured the support of life member Paul Wings McCarthy who continues to turn up and assist at every game. Philip and Michelle Woodhead were also recognised for services to the club during the year.
Individual award winners were:
- Duck award James Woodhead
- Captain Dummy Spitting Award James Woodhead
- Club Person Ruby Woodhead
- Most Improved Jono Nicholls
- Coaches Award Beau Abnett
- Youth Allrounder Jack Nicholls (11 wickets and 53 runs)
- Bowling Award Jeff Brown (17 wickets)
- Batting Award Nathan Anderson (251 runs)
- Youth Cricketer of the Year Jack Glover
- Senior Cricketer of the Year Jeff Brown (442 points), runner up Nathan Anderson (371 points)