Programs are out and all is in readiness for the 6th annual Lambing Flat Chinese Festival in Young on Saturday. Spectacular Chinese lion dancing, a sunset lantern parade, Asian food, farmer and boutique markets, a major big art exhibition, Chinese musicians, guest nation Samba dancing, school performers and other historical attractions will enliven the town. Free entertainment for all the family.
Lively, rhythmic dance will feature this year - four Latin American dancers will perform, bringing a vibrant South American element to this multicultural festival.
The loud music, fast footwork and swinging hips reflect a recently introduced element to the event; an annual guest nation attraction. The group is fresh from five weeks of Samba training in Brazil.
The 11th annual Lambing Flat Sculpture, Wood and Big Art Exhibition features at Young Town Hall. The exhibition, presented by the Young Society of Artists, is a major festival drawcard and has support from artists and artisans from a wide area. The exhibition will be on show from Wednesday through to Sunday. Make sure you catch the Greenstone Lodge singers from Temora's aged care facility perform in the Town Hall foyer at 2pm too.
- March 29: Take Five on Friday - Pioneering Days with Ted Webber, part of the Lambing Flat Chinese Festival celebration, 12.30pm to 1pm.
- March 30: Young & Region Farmers Market, Anderson Park, Lovell Street from 9am to 2.00pm.
- March 30: A free author talk for children in Young's library, Lynch Street with Helen Buck, author of Dragon in the Park, from 11am.
- March 31: Young Heritage Motor Club Inc. presents a 5th annual Car Muster, PCYC Grounds, Lachlan Street, entries from 7.30am, gold coin donation entry.
- March 3: Boorowa's Trial by Jury performance Jilted Fiancee Sues Rock Star by Loosely Woven to be held at Old Boorowa Courthouse, Marsden Street, Boorowa at 1pm. $10 per person.