January is the height of summer and everyone’s looking to keep cool, but Harden-Murrumburrah is still busy.
We’ve dived into our archives to bring some of those memories from two decades ago flooding back.
Here is a glimpse of some of what happened in January 1994;
- Students from Murrumburrah High School were still talking about their results, with Grant Gillies topping the school’s graduating class.
- Grain receivals at the Cunningar silo were up on the previous harvest.
- Harden’s swimmers flew the flag for the town in the Shine Shield during a carnival at Jugiong.
- Les Boyd was signed to the Harden Hawks as captain-coach for 1994.
- Rose Adler was named citizen of the year during the Australia Day celebrations at Newson Park.
- Fresh pavers were laid by Harden Shire Council in Murrumburrah’s central business district.