Community groups across the region have been successful in securing financial support from Hilltops Council, thanks to funding aimed at fostering the important contribution these groups make to the region.
Mayor Brian Ingram said just over $52,600 will be distributed among the 19 recipients, with the funding to go towards infrastructure projects, special programs or events.
“After calling for applications earlier this year, Councillors at the last Ordinary Meeting agreed on a list of 19 recipients for the funding, with a total of $52,625 to be allocated,” Mayor Brian Ingram said.
“These grants replace the arrangements that were in place under the former councils for providing financial support to community organisations. It’s money very well spent as these groups are such an important part of the community; the services they provide and the contribution they make to their respective towns and villages is just so important and something we shouldn’t take for granted,” he said.
Funding of up to $10,000 was available to individual groups under the infrastructure fund, while a maximum of $500 was available under the general fund, with all assistance to at least be matched dollar-for-dollar by the recipient.
“During the council meeting, Councillors also agreed to lift the maximum donation under the general fund to $1,000, which will help ensure local groups get the appropriate level of assistance they need in order to undertake special programs or events that benefit not only group members, but the entire community,” Cr Ingram said.
Another round for funding will be open in February for those who missed out.
Groups receiving funding:
- Harden Murrumburrah Rugby League
- 200 Army Cadet Unit – Boorowa and Young
- Young Society of Arts
- Harden Murrumburrah Historical Society Inc
- Murrumburrah Light Horse Heritage Troop
- Harden Polocrossed Club Inc
- Young and District Girl Guide Support Group
- Harden Murrumburrah Gentle Exercise
- Bendick Murrell Recreation Reserve Trust
- Harden Kite Festival
- Boorowa Musical and Dramatic Society
- Boorowa Gun Club Inc
- Hilltops Domestic and Family Violence Reference Group
- Tubbul Campdraft
- Harden and District Junior Cricket Club and Harden Cricket Club
- Young Football Hall
- Boorowa Community Landcare Inc
- Frogmore Hall and Recreation Reserve Trust
- Milvale Progress Assoc Inc